8 jewelry styling tips
This is your cheat sheet for perfecting accessories. Jewelry is the icing on the outfit. Colorful opals or mixed metal bracelets could be just the thing to make an outfit outstanding. Jewelry is the most transformative thing you can add to your day. Here are eight tips to elevate your styling.
- Determine the role of jewelry. If it is a statement look then think big and bold with color and texture. If it is a subtle addition then consider simple pieces to finish your look.
- Show your character. Jewelry can be a reflection of your style and personality. Some prefer a large cocktail ring and some wear simple studs, but no matter your preference jewels are all about adding happiness to you look.
- Loading up on accessories is an exciting way to accent, but know when you stop. An armful of bangles means you should think minimal necklace and earrings. Or an elaborate top should have uncomplicated adornments. One ring per hand looks best, but two is max.
- An open neckline or solid-color shirt highlights your necklace.
- Large pendants will draw attention to your amazing jewelry fashion.
- Large pendants seem to balance out the areas you are trying to hide.
- Layering adds length and attention, but don’t get weighed down.
- Small jewelry is hard to see in pictures. If you are out when cameras are flashing, go for bigger necklaces and earrings. These features are captured more in a frame then rings and bracelets.
- If you have a favorite dainty necklace, wear it in layers.
- Earrings are the most transformative thing you can wear because they are in the direct line of vision, so they should be well considered. They also catch the light to help brighten your face. Check out this blog for styling tips based on face shape and color. https://www.fabulousafter40.com/best-earrings-for-your-face-shape/
- Round pendants compliment most figures. Edgy designs fit best on angular body types. Asymmetrical designs often look more expensive than other styles.
- Slightly darker metals look more expensive. It adds richness and tone to add wight to a piece. Cheap materials have a shiny finish because they are painted or covered in a gloss. So don’t worry about always polishing your jewelry.
Even with these styling tips, don’t stress and have fun with it. If you like it, wear it. When you are excited about your styling it will show and make you happy. Jewelry is an essential part of dressing and says just as much about who you are. Get expressive with your jewelry.